“Is your home in need of some TLC painting? We can help! For the upcoming year, the A Brush With Kindness Program will utilize volunteers to help low-income homeowners with painting projects.
We have 30 painting projects remaining homeowners can apply for. The deadline to apply is: November 16, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. Painting will be begin in May 2019, weather cooperating. Homeowners can go to https://home.tchabitat.org/home-repair to apply.
If you submit an eligible application, staff will visit your home to understand your repair needs. Habitat staff, volunteers and/or contractors will complete painting projects within one year of your application.
Homeowners are eligible if:
- Home is in 7-county Twin Cities metro area
- Owner occupied for at least the last 2 years and have homeowners insurance
- Household income below 80% of Twin Cities median income (e.g. household size of 2 = $57,550 maximum income – see our webpage for more examples: https://home.tchabitat.org/home-repair-eligibility)
- Cannot have received assistance through ABWK in the past 2 years
How much will this cost?
A Brush with Kindness repairs are affordable. You have two repayment options:
1) 2-year, monthly repayment plan that is customized for your affordability
- Payments dependent on ability to repay, but will not exceed $250 per month. Discount if you select this option!
2) 10-year forgivable mortgage, no monthly payments
- Mortgage amount declines by 1/10 each year
Please call 612-788-8169 with any questions you might have about the program or the application process.”